Name: Adekunle Mesele
Mobile: +234 8035354433
Kunle has extensive experience advising clients on a plethora of legal, regulatory and contractual issues relating to the Energy and Natural sector. He has also garnered significant experience in corporate commercial practice. Below is a representative list of some of the transactions kunle has been involved in:
- Advised a client regarding issues relating to the grant of a concession by a state government to construct a toll road. Responsibilities include meeting with government officials, review of applicable legislation, and negotiating and drafting contract documents.
- Joint Counsel to the lender on a proposed US$30million debt financing for an oil field development by a marginal oil field joint venture. Responsibilities included advise on best possible financing and security structures, conduct of due diligence on the marginal field owners, preparation of several legal opinions, and drafting and negotiating contract documents.
- Led the team that advised a syndicate of lenders regarding a medium term dollar loan facility as well as two Naira re-financing facilities provided to the largest fertilizer company in Nigeria. Responsibilities included drafting, negotiating and amending the financing documentation, and preparing supplementary financing documents.
- Retained counsel to a software development company. Responsibilities include providing company secretarial services, drafting license and implementation and support contracts, providing legal opinions, and due diligence on 3rd party licensees.
- Retained counsel to the largest record label and media entertainment company in Nigeria.
- Led team advising an indigenous mobile phone manufacturer. Responsibilities included negotiating joint venture agreements as well as all contracts relating to the financing, production, marketing, sale and maintenance of the mobile phones.
- Reviewed advised and negotiated the terms of a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) (on the power purchaser’s side) with respect to the acquisition of a 4MW captive power plant under a Build Own Operate and Transfer (BOOT) contract.
- Drafted and negotiated an Operations and Maintenance Agreement for an industrial cluster captive generation power plant.
- Actively participated in the preparation of a proposed template guarantee for the purchase of power from IPPs by the PHCN.
Name: Oghenakpobo Idudu
Mobile: +234 8037181014
Key Qualifications: ‘Kpobo has extensive experience in conveyancing matters. He regularly acts for parties on both sides of the table. A representative list of some of the transactions ‘Kpobo has been involved include:
- Acted for the largest record label and media entertainment company in Nigeria.
- Co-led team advising a mobile phone manufacturer.
- Responsibilities included negotiating joint venture agreements as well as all contracts relating to the financing, production, marketing, sale and maintenance of the mobile phones.
- Handled negotiations, purchase, perfection and development of a property in Ikoyi on behalf of a conglomerate.
- Acted for the co-operative of a multi-national oil company in negotiations and review of a lease agreement for a 5 year lease of a 10 storey property in Ikoyi.
- Acted for a land developer and prepared and perfected the conveyancing agreements for a Federal University for the finance and construction of a 14 storey luxury apartment block under a BOOT arrangement.
- Handled the purchase and perfection of several properties in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt to be used as offices by a multinational oil service company.